About Me

My photo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Full-time student at John Carroll University in the fabulous Cleveland area.... Trying to make my mark in the world slowly but surely.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hey There!!!!

1. My name is Natasha R. and I am from a small town by Lake Erie called Geneva. It's small and nothing much ever happens there but it's home to me! It's not really the place that matters it's always the company.

3. When I graduate (hopefully sometime soon) I plan on teaching middle school history. I have always been fascinated with times before our own.

4. Whenever I get asked if I have any hobbies, I always sit there and think, "well shucks, what do I do in my free time?" I guess my hobbies would be hanging out with some of the most fabulous people, reading books (I always read the last page first), watching movies, my dogs.

I actually had a very awesome travel experience this summer. I went to Europe for a few weeks in August and traveled all around. I saw some great sights & the food was to die for. I went to Venice, Paris, Ljubljana, Munich, Zagreb & Amsterdam. Amsterdam was definately my favorite place. There were people walking everywhere, people sitting in quaint little cafes sipping coffee & I went to the Van Gogh Museum! It was nice to see the other side but I was glad to come home. It's funny how you come to miss things.

5. I really can't answer this question directly. I don't mind taking intellectual risks because I usually just say what is on my mind, and if I end up being wrong it's no biggie.

6. Me as student is a bit disorganized and flighty! I try to get everything together but always end up losing something and misplacing things. I don't mind participating in class. I actually think the more I engage in class discussions the better of I am.

7. I am a very visual learner. Anything with pictures & colors I find appealing.

8. I would have to say the most important invention in history would be the telephone. It's so nice to dial a number and catch up with an old friend. Although it would be cool if we still had telegrams and people still wrote love letters.

9. cell phone *
car
television (but I don't watch cable) *

10. My typical day consists of coffee, plain dealer (not online) class. Usually sitting on the computer for endless hours then eating.

11. I don't really think that there are any technologies teachers use that are inappropriate. Although watching those cheesy 70s videos in class were never fun. I liked School House Rock though and that was on television. I would always sing it in my head over and over again, so hey it worked right?

12. I think we need to DO hands-on activities because they hold interest.  I think we need to STUDY new technology and programs that go along with it.  I think we need to BE question askers and should not be afraid to ask questions or be afraid to think our questions are stupid.  I think we should AVOID just talking and lecturing and actually see some stuff.

13. Question #1- What knowledge should we expect to have when this course is over? 
      Question #2- What are the tests like??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Toby & Matilda

Toby & Matilda
love.